Tuesday 14 October 2008

Yikes!!

6pm.

I was feeling sleepy but made sure Micah did not fall asleep.

*****
Max fell asleep in front of the TV at 4.30, watching cartoons.
I had earlier tried getting him up to the room and maybe let him nurse and get him to sleep, but he refused.
Playing with his brother and fussing around downstairs was more interesting.
Then sleep overpowered him on the couch:
One moment he was talking to me, saying he did not want a snack and the next "light out".

****

Micah was happily playing with the cars in the room, doing a race by himself and talking to me.

The my sis started calling me on the chat, and I was mentioning how I need to keep Micah up while I was actually half asleep. Talked about how I should take him to the park, but my foot still hurts a little when I walk.

Then as I finished my chant I noticed a silence in the room.

Yikes! Micah fell asleep!!

He actually JUST fell asleep.

I talked to him, tickled him and shook his body a bit. He giggled, eyes still closed, and said,
"Mom, I'm sleepy now."

That's it.

Now I am worried...really worried.

I don't know what time he will wake up.
I don't know what time he'll sleep again after that.
If he sleeps right through to tomorrow (though I think not) he might wake up like at 5am.

Max is still asleep.
Yesterday he fell asleep at 5pm and woke up at 7.30pm. Then with a lot of coaxing, slept at about 12am.

Maybe I should sleep now too.
Since everyone is on a crazy clock timing...

The thing is now, after trying to wake Micah up, I am wide awake.
Sigh...


Oh, I hear Max stirring...
Gotta go.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hahaha....such is the life of a mum ya...our timing really has to work around the kids else no one will be the happier!

Moomykin said...

ann,

yeah... I guess that's all part of being a mom.

Just so Human in our nature but expected to do wonders by our kids. Hahaha...