Thursday 6 September 2007

Sanity


My late dad once said: Sanity is all that counts.

Of late, the last few months, there's been a kind of inner stress and frustration that' s been building up. And I am the type who will "give face" (gracious enough) and not put another down outwardly out of malice. But bearing an inward struggle like this wears you in the soul.

I thank God for my boys. They are a good "distraction" and "occupation". They keep me sane.

They help me laugh when I feel like crying;

They help me look outside, outward and not succumb to inwardness and self-indulgence;

They help me to have hope for tomorrow and not hold on to hurtful pasts;

They make me feel young and not be a hag nor haggard (err... but look just a tad sloppy, according to my mum, hehehe..);

They entertain me while I entertain them;

They give me some exercise in running and dancing around the house;

They are so adorable that you cannot help but hug and kiss them umpteen times a day;

They are so wonderful you overflow with love;

They are so marvelous you overflow with awe;

They are so funny you overflow with laughter;

They are just so cute you overflow with delight;

They give me an outlet for my creative surges;

They let me be myself and they love me for that;

They remind me time is precious and you cannot do a "rewind" or an "undo" in real life.

They give me a reason to live and not just to exists;

They show you the "magic" of life and living;

They show me God's unconditional love.




They really reflect their Creator's power: They save me... they keep me sane.

6 comments:

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

That is really touching.

You have 2 very good boys....children are indeed God's gift to us.

Deborah said...

Yes, children are a blessing! That was very beautiful prose...and I agree God uses the young and innocent to remind us of purity...and sanity ;)

Moomykin said...

Ann: I know. Many times Mike and I will watch the boys sleep and just can't imagine our lives without them.

deb: Truly, our God is amazing.

JLow said...

She makes me look forward to going home after work; not just because I am leaving work.

She makes me forget what ugliness there is in the world so that I can show her the beauty of it.

She makes me forget my inhibitions and sing with her in the car when the maid is in earshot!

She makes me dance with her in ways I never dreamed I would!

Moomykin said...

jlow: It's amazing what these tiny little helpless cuties can do. They sure rock our world!!