Monday 12 March 2007

Now Playing: The MiCah Code

The following is an e-mail I sent out in 11 Jan 2006. I would have put in up on my blog if I had one then... So here it is now:

Today I have deciphered yet another of what I thought to be gibberish yelling of Micah while at play.

All from the bugs:
He sometimes runs a around the house yelling "Picture sadah! Picture sadah!" and this has been for months already.... today when I over heard it from upstairs, it suddenly clicked. It's "Princess Atta! Princess Atta!" from the cartoon A Bug's Life ( in case you have not seen this or forgotten, it's when Flick's harvesting machine knocked down the offering stone and he rushed back to report the horror to the princess). About 2 weeks back, almost everyday, he was quoting "watch my eyes" also from the cartoon, imitating Mr. Soil, while walking backwards. His other favourite quote from bug's life is "It's a rock./ I know it's a rock!"

Just 3 days ago Mike and I had a good laugh when I told him another one that made sense: Micah loves jumping around and sometimes when he is bouncing on the bed he will go "Buffood! Buffood! Buffood!" I've always wondered what that was. When you ask him what's "buffood", he would just giggle and do more of it. Then the revelation came that day when I put on the A Bug's Life cartoon for him. Just at the beginning when they were showing Pixar's ad on the intro, I saw it: the hopping lamp that bounces on the letter "I" and stood in its place. And, yes, when the lamp bounced, the sound animated was "BUFFOOD! BUFFOOD!" Its onomatopoeia!

Other quotes that we hear at random every day:

From Thomas and Friends:
"Help! Thomas is stuck in the snow. I need Harvey/ Terrence" (pretending to be stuck on the bed/ chair/etc.)
"Its Harvey to the rescue!" (He picks up his Thomas toy engine.)
"The truck snap away." (Pulling away from you and running very fast.)
"On, on, faster, faster!" (Running away from you.)

From Toy Story:
" To infinity and beyond!" (Jumps off the bed/ sofa/etc.)
"BAD NEWS! shhh! shh! (This happens especially when we tell him "shhh!")

From Chicken Little:
" The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
"See closure." (Points to his palm.)

From Robots:
"It's embarrassing!"
"See a need, fill a need"

Micah is a really funny boy. The best part is that he loves making us laugh, especially Max. So that's great.

In case what I am saying to you does not make sense, it's ok...it's just this mommy's been watching more cartoons these days than before. :)


Good night and God bless.

Luv, Kin.

No comments: