Monday 9 April 2007

Bedtime Chatter

10.30pm
We are trying to get Micah to sleep. There's playgroup to go to tomorrow. This is after we had a round of playing with his trains, some strawberry milk, brushed our teeth and changed into his pajamas. We were snuggling into bed...


"I want to be a fireman," said Micah.

"Sure," I said. "What can you do then?"

"I can rescue people from the fire."

"Oh yes, and cats from the trees too," I said exciting him more.

"Yes," he said delighted.

"Then you can ride in the fire engine," I said.

"Yes. Then mama (grandma) and Max and kung kung (grandpa) can ride in the back with us," He added with a huge smile on his face. "They will be the passengers. They will have to buy a ticket and then they can ride in the fire engine."

"No, darling," I said with a little chuckle. " If you are in the fire engine then you don't need to buy a ticket. You will be there to help rescue people anyway."

"No, no," he insisted. "They are the passengers. They must buy a ticket."

"OK... Then you can put on the siren."

He just nodded eagerly.

"How does the siren sound like?" he asked.

"Neee-naa neee- naa..."

"Nope," he giggled.

"Nee- nor nee-nor..."

"No." Giggling and shaking his head.

"Neee-nuu neee-nuu..."

"No." He is now laughing.

"Woooo woooo..."

"No." He is now laughing and rolling in bed.

"Baawd! Baawd! Wooo...wooo... "

"No. No..." Now laughing hysterically and rolling on the bed. "It's woo-wooooh! woo-woooh!"

"Woo-wooh.. woo woooh? That sounds like the bird at ah mah's house (my mum's)."

We both burst into laughter.

"No. It's poo-wooh poo-wooh! No, no. It's yabayaba-tatatah..." Now he is trashing the bed.

"Ok, ok. It's time to sleep."

"No, no. Its ......." (More gibberish and trashing of the bed.)

We laughed.

After that Micah ran to daddy and played with him a little more. Mommy kept telling him it's time to sleep. By the time it hit 12am mommy was very serious already.
"OK. Sleep now or I will turn off the light!"
I think it took him another 15-20 minutes before he finally fell asleep. By then I, too, had a foot in dreamland myself.


*yawn* Good night.