Saturday 1 September 2007

If I had All the Money...

If I had all the money in the world and I can be selfish about it, here's the top 10 list of what I'd do:

10. Write and publish my own silly stories for children and for the memories of my family.

9. Own a music & creative arts center/studio and run all kinds of classes for the kids, the elderly, the bored and the workaholics.

8. Build a clubhouse in my housing area which has a super sports center, including an Olympic size swimming pool, and a cinema that plays all the classic musicals and shows, i.e. My Fair Lady, The King and I, Mary Poppins, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Chitty Bang Bang, etc, PLUS P. Ramlee's comedies.

7. Own a fleet of different kinds of vehicles for all kinds of purpose, i.e a motor caravan (for an adventure), the clean and green SMART car, a jeep, an MPV, a couple of vintage cars (just for the pleasure of the old and sentimental), a tow-truck (because my boys would love it!), a luxury bus (because sometimes there are just so many people we want to join us in a trip), a fire engine and an ambulance (always handy to have around). Oh, and a scooter for running an errand on my own around our housing area (but in actual fact, I can't ride a motorbike)... And a carriage with REAL horse power!! ...OK, throw a helicopter in there too, though it's an aircraft and not a vehicle.

6. Own a cafe where I can offer free soup and friendship to all everyday.

5. Take my family on all the different kinds of train rides in the world, i.e., the bullet train in Japan, the TGV in Europe and Thomas the tank engine in UK.

4. Own a chalet on an island on Kenir Lake/dam, Trengganu. Must have a speed boat and 2 jet skis tagged to it.

3. Own a bungalow in Cameron Highlands and make sure that there's always fresh fruit, vegetable and flowers for the picking in the garden.

2. Build a dream house where there will be a big study filled with books on 3 walls from floor to the ceiling, a few day-bed kinda seats and lotsa cushions on the floor which is covered with a thick carpet. Plus fresh flowers in every room everyday. Dream house could be in Camerons or Teluk Chempedak, Taiping, Taman Desa, Cheras or maybe even in Staffordshire.

1. Travel around the world with my family and bring a different friend (and family if he/she has spouse and kids) along every time.

For all the selfish reasons above, I cannot but have my friends and loved ones in mind all the time. Guess being a stay home mom is already the richest experience I have. It gives me TIME which all the money in the world can't buy.

4 comments:

Therealpepperboy said...

Mmmm. I like your ideas. I especially like number 1. :) I actually sent Mike and you an invitation to the karats tmnet email. Hmm. Is there another one that you use? Let me know and I'll send you another one again.

Ann said...

I like 3 and 9....

Moomykin said...

pepperboy: Thanks for the invitation, but mike's been bz. Pls check with deb and e-mail me too. Thanks.

ann: :) If either were ever to come true, you're invited to join us for a stay. :)

Moomykin said...

Hey this is mike here. Mary you need to send the invite to mikefoong[at] gmail dot com.