Tuesday, 25 September 2007

We're Back!

We got back on Saturday and I fell sick immediately. Actually I was already flu-ish when we were there but my body seemed to be having too much fun to succumb to the bug until we got back.

For the last 3 days I have been sleeping so much more than I can remember ever doing so for the last 3 years (apart from my confinements).

The highlight of the trip:

We were on a round trip on the cable car.
We almost skipped this because Micah fell asleep during lunch and we went to an indoor park while he slept. As we decided to call off the cable car ride and head home, Micah woke up and asked: Are we going to ride the cable car now? How could anyone refuse. So the whole day, with just the cable car on the agenda actually started at 12pm and ended at 9.50pm.

The boys got a whole load of riding on the MRT, buses and taxis (even that is exciting for Micah, and he always wants to talk to the drivers. So funny and sometimes a little embarrassing).

They spent a lot of time playing with their cousins and Micah jus simply loved patting Xue Han on the cheeks. With Xue Bin they did lots of jumping and running around. One of the nights I did my usual "tossing the baby"/ "human helicopters"/ "human elevator" thingis and it was a real treat to Xue Bin and the boys. My sister's flat's ceiling is quite low, so Micah even managed to touch the ceiling when I lifted him up.

We went to Chinatown to look at the lantern displays and I ended up buying a Chinese shirt for Mike and Ah Ma bought all the kids their Chinese New Year clothes! Of course we were delighted coz it was a good bargain!
(Sorry, no pictures of the lanterns coz I forgot to bring my phone out that day.)

What we missed:

We did not manage to meet up with any friends because my sis was actually rushing an assignment's dateline and my boys and I were slightly fluish. Plus both my sisters' kids were restless most of he time too, so we just hung around and enjoyed being with the family. Ah Ma did some scrumptious dinners for us too! Oh, do I miss my mother's cooking! (Once while carrying Max I actually craved for her friend bee-hoon and asked her to cook for me for my brunch!!)

The other thing we did not manage to do was to go swimming or to the beach simply because the boys and I were flu-ish. So much for packing in the swimming gears.

Some interesting pictures:

Balloon animals: This was an attraction by some child-investment programme targeted at Singaporeans. So, since we aren't Singaporeans, our kids just enjoyed patting them without the parents being harassed. ;)

Cow shade: While Micah slept, I took the other two running kids out for a walk so that the other adults could eat at greater ease. This was where the 2 little cuities ended under in their hot afternoon stroll on the "rooftop" of the mall.

There was this animal ride available for the kids at the "indoor"park (it's inside the shopping mall, but actually an open air park.) Max and Xue Bin are actually too little for the ride but they were allowed to "play" with the animals and pose to have their photos taken.

Max sleeping in the bus ride on our way down to Singapore. He's such a darling of a baby still. He will be 2 in December. Micah was super fast in his speech and dexterous development, so his "babyhood" flashed passed us like lightning. So we really are enjoying Max in his baby-ness. :)


InfanT said...

Get well soon, Kin!

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

Thanks, Fern. Am feeling much better but still sniffing a little and coughing.

Mummy-yeoh said...

Oh no! Usually for me, I need another rest to recover from holiday. Rest well

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

Thanks, mummy-yeoh. Am much better now, but the cough persists.

hellagoodin said...

Prisca here. Just want to say that I rode those horses too! Haha I did it to seize the moment. Getting old you know. Glad to know you guys enjoyed yourselves:D

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

Hey, Prisca! Carpiedium!!

Good to hear from you. Glad you dropped in for a visit and now I can add you to my list of blog buddies too! :)