Thursday 4 January 2007

At Last!!

At last my dear hubby got this set up for me, the not really techie of a wife of the comp whiz.

Today we went to do a bit of shopping at OUG. My mum and my m-i-l (mum-in-law) took both the boys down to the shop while I looked for a place to park. When I finally showed up at the shop, Micah already had his adventure for the day: he got lost. The shop we went to was basically a Chinese pharmacy with an extension to the back shop lot and sold all kinds of household goods. I was there to exchange a pack of diapers and to pick up cod liver oil for Micah and panadol for Daddy. While the two grandmas were talking to one of the attendants about some dried goods, Micah ventured on his own to the back of the shop. It was probably just 3 minutes later that my mum realised he was missing. She went to the back lot calling his name and then heard him crying at the back of the shop, among the bags of dog food. When I finally showed up, Micah's eyes were dried but still a little red, and he hugged my legs when he saw me. He really needed a hug. After all the necessary was done, we had a quick lunch, went back to my mum's and the boys played till almost four before we said our good-bye.

Micah actually got lost twice before this, but he just did not know he was lost. The first was at mid-valley jusco when he raced off on his own and disappeared round the corner. We could not find him anywhere, and he did not respond to our calling out his name. Finally my m-i-l heard him talking to a sales assistance at the little green circle at the golf section. He was happily telling the guy his daddy plays golf too...

The second time was when he ran into a lift and the doors closed and went down to the next floor even tough I was holding on to the button on the outside. Again both the grandma's were with me, so while my mum waited at the front of the lift, I rushed down the stairs, calling his name. My m-i-l was close behind carrying Max. I found him running around some cars and giggling by himself. He must have thought we were playing catch or hide-and-seek. Unknown to him, that was a loading area and it was really dangerous for a 2.5 year old to be running round. These two incidents were really scary for us and i was praying with every breath i was gasping for.

Anyway, later in the evening (back to today), Daddy took us out to the new mall and Micah obviously had forgotten his lesson in the morning...or so I thought. He took off on his own in the mall, and I had to call out to him to stay close to us. He turned around and said,"afterwards you be lost again" (yeah, he still gets his first and second person pronouns mixed up). So he did remember his lesson and stayed closer to us, and would turn back to check that we were following him...and I had to explain to Daddy what had happened earlier today.

Actually, it's all now yesterday...

Well, after a long day of "hanging out" with the kids, I think I now just want to play game on the PSP and vegetate before I snooze.

No comments: