Saturday 6 January 2007

Good morning. Good morning.



Micah woke up at 5 am this morning and wanted to sleep in his hammock cradle downstairs. We usually try to keep him in the room through the night so that he will not wake his grandparents up. Well, after trying to coax him to stay with us in the room a couple of times, I looked at the clock and thought it was OK. Grandma is normally up about this time cooking breakfast, and I was right. But, before we could make a move, Max cried for a feed. Micah cried too, wanting to go downstairs NOW. Sigh...the competition between the two during wee hours are the toughest. So I told Micah we have to let Max settle and sleep first, so I said "I will just pat him". But Max still cried and i was surprised by Micah, when between sobs, he said, "Just give him nan-nan (to nurse him)." Then he lay down behind me and for the next 5 minutes I did not hear a pip from him. I thought he had fallen asleep. Then just as Max unlatch himself, Micah popped up like a jack-in-a-box and said most calmly "I want to go downstairs." I smiled and said "OK". I carried him downstairs, put him in the hammock, made him milk and swung him to sleep. As I looked at him, I realised this two and a half year old is already learning to make sacrifices for his little bro. Its a good sign. It's more than what a mommy could hope for. I whispered my thanks to God.

I climbed back to bed about 6.30am, and then Max woke me up for his "breakfast in bed" a little after that. I was too sleepy to see what my little munchkin was up to but Daddy was up...so I snoozed..until i heard, "O, Max, what have you done?! Dear, he broke your glasses." Oh..it's my wake up call...again... 8am. Good Morning... Another day of adventure and fun with the boys.


No comments: