Sunday 14 January 2007

Calling Card


Why, you may ask, did I choose such a header for my posts. Well, it's because when you are with two young boys, you are like the Medical Officer on call. That means 24 hours on duty and you really have to be prepared for any emergencies. Most of the time the emergencies involves keeping the babies' worlds from falling apart, i.e. feeding, changing nappies, kissing a boo-boo, rescuing a toy from under the sofa or inside the hi-fi speakers. At the same time, we try to keep the rest of the world in peace and in place, i.e. cleaning up after your child threw up his dinner in bed. These experiences have often given me some insights about my boys, about myself and the people around me, but more than these, I see a reflection of my heavenly Father's heart. He is always there in any of our emergencies, big or small.

Now let me explain how "Moomy" came about: It was one of those times when Mike was putting up a pix of Max and I on our photo blog when he accidentally typed "moomy" instead of "mommy" and we laughed, saying he was influenced by the fact that I am still breastfeeding Max. The whole thing actually started quite a few years back when I was talking to a friend who was then a full time mother with 2 girls and she, in passing, referred to herself as "the cow" as she was fully breastfeeding her second girl. Somehow the phrase just stuck to my mind, and now I say that of myself sometimes, too, to some friends, that I am working like the cow: providing milk. So "Moomykin" is me. :)

Being a parent has helped me to see how small we really are in this universe. When I see the minute concerns of my children, and how they do not realise the work the adults put in each day to make it a happy day for them, I see how we sometimes can see only so little of the whole world that our Heavenly Father is at work at. Yet at the same time, I am surprised each day by the child who puts thing in the perspective of the eternity for me: the things that matter most - the people around us and how we should live to make it a better place on earth, reflecting a glimpse of heaven here. Every day when I look at my boys, I am just awed by the wonder of my Creator. Truly, they are the most beautiful creatures on earth... and I am sure every parent will say that of their child. :)



Micah with teddy at 6months ---Max in his 1st month ---Micah holding Max for the first time---- Daddy& the boys, January 2006



1 comment:

amazinglove said...

So cool... you actually have a blog now! and Micah can talk liao!! Looks like your're really busy w/ith 2 BOYS! haha....

I'll definitely be popping by here often to read....

Take care.... :)