Tuesday 13 October 2009

2 Halves Of A 'Pinang'

Gadget-daddy has already left for Singapore.

I was feeling like we were being separated for the first time, like when he went to finish his studies in UK... more than 15 years ago.

This morning, after breakfast, I lay in bed for a little while to moap.
Then got ready to go out. Took the 3 boys and mil out for a no-reason-trip.
But we ended up in McD for lunch and had quite a fun time (sent mil and Myron back first as baby was asleep and mil sleepy).

So it doesn't get easier through the years. Even with all his early jet-setting days, the many months in US and the last long term away, Jakarta... Seems like it's something I can't get use to.

Well, some things are a little better... or worse. The boys are here to keep me company, and keep me busy.
They sometimes forget and ask when Daddy will be home (as in what time today) so that he can help them with some Transformer toy.
Then Micah will ask why can't we just stay in Malaysia, as he will miss his grandparents.

Today, for their bedtime story, I told them an old story that Gadget-daddy had made up when I was expecting no.2.
...
...
...

Ok... shall spare you.
Will go hit the hay now.
Boys have school tomorrow.
Counting the days to this weekend.

Good night.

7 comments:

Mumsgather said...

You must miss him like crazy.

Angeline said...

Aaawwww... its all expressed fully in words... Mommy is missing her man.

Ann said...

Sigh....he will be back this weekend I hope!

Wrote and rewrote some words....but well...erased them in the end.

Know what you mean by the boys being there being good and bad! :)

Hang in there. Things will be settled soon.

cre8tone said...

Oh~~~~~~~~ Hope daddy come back soon to see mummy and the kids~

Moomykin said...

Thanks for all your support, Mums.
:)

Lee said...

Hi Moomykin, you'll be fine with your 3 kids to keep you occupied.

I presently know an opposite....a young mother of three very young kids, leaving them at home with hubby and away overseas persuing her Phd studies.

I cannot imagine the pain she feels, her tears, maybe some regrets, when getting calls or she phoning home...to hear youngest 4 year old having fever, or 5 year old fell down and crying for her.

And she has to study practically day and night too.
She in US, kids in Sarawak.
She is the bravest, strongest mother, woman I know. Lee.

Moomykin said...

Uncle Lee,

Thanks for dropping by.

Yeah, I don't think I can ever have the courage to leave my babies behind for such a long time.

When they are older I would like to imagine that Hubby and I could go for a second honeymoon... but I'm sure to miss the kids like crazy even if it's just for a week. Lol.