Friday 2 October 2009

Tadpole Hunting

While Myron was having a late nap, the two older boys wanted to go to the park.

Their intention was to go do some digging at the sandy area (normally used to play football by the others) but I opted one mess for another.
I suggested we go tadpole hunting instead.

It was already cloudy and the wind was rolling more clouds in, so we made as quick a trip as we could.
We walked as quickly as we could, Mommy, at least.
Of course the boys ran rather than walked quickly, and so Mommy ended up doing a speed-walk and some hollering at the same time: "Keep to the path", "Don't pick that up, it's dirty", "Look out for ants", "Look where you're going. Don't walk backwards", etc.


We surveyed some fish ponds, but it had no tadpoles.
It was also rather dangerous as the boys kept leaning over the edge. The water's murky and I hear it is quite deep.


So we headed to an abandoned fountain area (Not exactly abandoned, but rather they fountains are "out of order" or never turned on as far as we know). Here the tadpoles were an "easy pick".




So here's our "catch of the day".



9 comments:

cre8tone said...

Fun activity in the park!~

Linda said...

Outdoor education about tadpole... that's was fun...

Moomykin said...

little prince's mummy,

Yes, quite fun.


---------


Linda,

Actually, on the way back, we talked about the life-cycle of a frog and I taught the boys 2 Malay words,
katak=frog and berudu=tadpole.

Ann said...

I always admire your 'let's go' for on the spot activities. Your boys must find you REALLY FUN !!!

Have to learn from you and change a bit....:)

Tina said...

thats really good. you caught quite a few. bet the kids had a ball!

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack

Lee said...

Hi Moomykin, your this posting brings back memories of when I was young too...catching tadpoles in small pools.
Till I discovered they turn into frogs, ha ha.
I am afraid of worms and frogs, ha ha.
Your kids look cute this pics.
Best regards, Lee.

Moomykin said...

Ann,

Thanks.
I think I imagined doing such things with my kids when I was expecting the first one, so the baby stage was actually stressful for me, coz I didn't know what to "do" with it. Hahaha...

But now is the time to take them to explore the world around them. Once they start schooling proper, there'll be lesser of such days.
I only wish I had more energy to run with them ALL the time!
;)

Moomykin said...

Tina,

Thanks.

We did have a lot of fun.
The boys didn't want to go home, but the clouds were rolling in and I didn't want them to get caught in the rain, so I really had to limit their play. :(

Moomykin said...

Uncle Lee,

Ah... My boys are wishing that they could see them turn into frogs, but they always die on us. Maybe we don't know what to feed them with.