Tuesday 31 July 2007

Under the Weather




We are all under the weather.

Micah had just recovered from a sore throat and now came down with diarrhea. Max has fever off and on and a running nose, and me a real sore throat and a nasty cough.

Mike left for UK last night for a week, so I am getting a taste of a single parent's handle. It's soooo tough. Already middle of last night I felt Max burning up, so at 3.30am I took him down to give him a dose of medicine to take the fever down. I was just totally surprised he was so co-operative. But alas, he was too excited to go back to sleep and decided to play with his cars for an hour before he finally snuggled up to a very drowsy mommy and go back to sleep (Now I know why I was so sleepy this afternoon). Somewhere in that hour Micah actually woke up, looked around and said to his brother, "It's sleeping time, Max," and went back to sleep. Surprise, surprise! I had thought and worried that he would jolly well join Max, but he did not.

We did not go to our playgroup today since we were all unwell. It also rained quite a bit this morning, so we were lazy at home: the boys stayed in their pajamas till noon and all we did the whole morning was play with the cars and trains. By 1 pm, Max was asleep again, and by 1.30 pm Micah was having his afternoon nap. I ran an errand for Mike and bought cough syrup for myself.

We spent the rest of the day playing cars and trains (this is what the boys want to do endlessly). We watched a bit of TV. We tried to do some reading but the boys ended up fighting over the books and mommy. Then Micah's diarrhea started about 4 pm so I put him on diapers and had to change that 3 times. By 7pm we were at the doctor's. By the time we got back was 8.30pm. Micah fell asleep about 9pm, Max about 11pm. I am glad my in-laws are around. It really helps for me to be able to do other stuff without worrying about the boys: take my shower, clear up after dinner, etc.

Now that both boys are "out" I can do my own stuff, like go online and maybe later do some chores... or not.

So the day is about done. Mommy survived Day 1 without Daddy.

Tomorrow we shall visit my Mom. My sis had promised to make pumpkin soup for the boys, so that's something for them to look forward to.

That will help the day to pass much faster! Phew.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Oh dear....hope you are feeling better now! No rest time for you even though you are ill as well, poor thing!

Thanks God for inlaws and parents and sisters who are good cooks!

Moomykin said...

Thanksgiving never fails to lift the heart. :)