Wednesday 31 October 2007

Mah-me



My cutie Is finally calling me correctly! "Mah-me".

Max was calling me "Nanny" or "nyanyi" for the last few months. And before that he would just scream and yell if he was in trouble or needed help, i.e. hold on to the fridge's door and shout till mommy comes to the rescue.

So today I coached him: Say "ma" (he has no problem saying mah-mah and ah-ma for the longest time) and the pointed to myself, say "me" (which he could for quite a while now, but mummy was just a tongue twister for him). In fact, he now points to himself and can say "mine" also, thanks to the gulls in "Finding Nemo".

Since his success earlier today, he had called me countless times. Sometimes because he needed something. Sometimes because Mommy was not paying him any attention immediately due to other distractions, and his calls got louder and louder. And sometimes just because he knew he got it right now and just enjoyed calling me. The last I could identify by the smile on his face and the twinkle in his eyes that states:
I've got it. I love calling you "Mommy".

4 comments:

RayChung22 said...

way da go, Max!!!

InfanT said...

Yes! Max did it!

neomesuff said...

Mamiiiii

oh: what what a feeling..for us kan...

Moomykin said...

Thanks, ya all.

neomesuff,
you are rite! Nothing like when your baby calls for you...
but it can be crazy sometimes with 2 boys yelling "Mommy! Mommy!" into your ears when you are driving.