Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Pretty Much Today

This was Today :

We pretty much took it slow in the morning. The boys woke up about the same time as Daddy, so they got to see him and say good-bye to him. Then they had their breakfast and watched a bit of cartoon in the morning. After that we got to my mum's to pick up my sis (but she was just going to feed their new puppies, so the boys had a bit of play-time in Ah Ma's garden and with the pups) and headed for her workplace.

Our aim was actually to have lunch at Marco's Pizza. I bought this offer deal which has a whole bunch of coupons and we decided to start using them. We have always enjoyed the food there. So it was a good lunch. Plus, there is a play area for the kids and today we were pretty much the only ones there.

Then we got back and Max and I napped but Micah did not, so by the time he came and woke us up, I had to start filling the day for Micah so that he won't fall asleep like in the late evening and then don't sleep till past mid-night. No more of that, Thank you.

So Mommy got busy preparing daddy's birthday present and the boys had a session on using the scissors. It was Max's first "class". (He actually did pretty well, but you can see the forefinger had a red mark after that.)

Then we did some painting, which ended up the boys pouring water all over the paper and car porch instead.

So they had an early bath-tub time because they were already wet from the "painting" session.

After that we took a walk in the back lane to look for some bugs, but not very successful in our hunt.

So we resorted to going to the park by car because it looked like it was going to rain. (Desperate Mommy just want to get them to do something on their feet, or Micah is sure to fall asleep on the couch.)

We had a good time and after all the running, Micah was able to sit up for a while more for his dinner. Then he asked for milk about 8pm and fell asleep on the couch in front of the TV.

Max and Mommy had some time to ourselves to read a book he chose, watched a little of Finding Nemo and then he nursed and slept.

By the time I got the laundry done, I looked at the clock and couldn't believe it: 10pm ONLY!!!

The night is still So young! If only I am guaranteed the boys will not wake up for anything, I'd have gone out to meet my sis for teh tarik. But kids are unpredictable. So I am home.

Such is the life of a mommy.


Ann said...

Such is the life indeed. You either love it or hate it to bits!
Not every one is cut out to be a mum with an ever so busy dad!

Bravo to you!

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

I am thankful for my in-laws who help keep an eye on them in moments I need to do other stuff. Think I'm just starting to learn to be more on my own with the boys.