Friday 3 August 2007

Not so Bad Day




Someone bumped into our tail at a junction today. Now the car booth is stuck and he could only afford to give us a partial payment for the repairs. That sure spoilt the day and the upcoming weekend. Now I am so not in the mood to go to Taiping with my mum and the boys.

We were suppose to leave tomorrow morning and come back on Sunday. My mum had had plans to take them to the Taiping zoo even! I was hoping to go visit my grandma with the boys. Let them see a bit more of their only surviving great grandparent while she is still around, although not in very good health.

Right now my stuff are half packed, and I just don't want to do anymore of packing...

Yeah, yeah... OK. Gotta shake this wet blanket off. Looking on the bright side, we are all OK. And Mike, though hundreds of miles away, also said not to worry and is glad we are all OK.

We actually went to my mum's after the accident and ran an errand. When we got back to her place after lunch, she gave the boys a Mickey Mouse coin box each. It's actually kept from the time we were kids!! So now the boys have a new "hobby": Putting coins into a saving box. Not bad, eh? Then we headed home after the boys had a shower at her place.

In the evening I actually took an hour long nap after taking some more cough syrup. Thankful for my in-laws, including my bro-in-law who came over for dinner, who took care and entertained the boys so that I could rest. When I came down from my nap, the boys were still busy putting coins into their coin box. :)

I was so refreshed by the nap that I joined the boys in pretending to be a train and chugged around the sitting room. Later we read a book and a couple of kids magazines and watched Cars (again!) until Max finally slept at 11.30pm and Micah at 12am. Then I had some mushroom soup and checked out some buddies' blogs and now working on this...

...and waiting for Mike to call.

2 comments:

Ann said...

haha....your boys sure had lots of coins to put in !

Or maybe to entertain them all the adults emptied their wallets to give them all their coins! Not bad scheme!! :)hehehe....

Anyway....hope this saving (and extortion) habit lasts! Asked my mum to dig up my old Maybank tiger bank as well for my kid in future!

Moomykin said...

At the moment, coin slotting and dropping is very random and they only think of it at my mum's. So maybe I should move the coin mickeys back to my mum's and see if they'll save more there. hehehe....