Saturday 25 August 2007

Just before Bed

It's already Friday and I still haven't started on the "Savages" book. My new hobby is visiting my Blog Buddies and see what are they up to. :)

I was going to hit the hay when I remembered I have one more load of laundry to put out. So as I did that, I came to this realisation: Micah is growing up too fast. I have always put out the boys' clothes on a spoked hanger. But for the last few rounds I actually have to use a regular hanger for some of Micah's shirts, especially the nice collared shirts and long sleeved pajamas shirts.

I also had to pull out some grass seeds from his pajamas pants. I was wondering how those got there, then I remembered that he took a walk yesterday morning with grandpa to the end of the block to look at some tractors and dump trucks at work. I remembered while in school days I hated having to pull grass seeds out of our socks after a sports practice. Now I don't quite mind. I guess patience comes with age.


I remembered talking to this lady, Jodie, who helped out in the playgroup about having kids at our age (she's in fact quite a few years older to me) and she said how she envied the young mothers because they have all the energy to run with their kids, boys especially (she has 2 boys too)! Then she said, "well, at least we can make up our lack of energy with more wisdom...hopefully," and grinned.


Hope I can get some sleep now...and not be too tempted to start reading. Mike has to work tomorrow, which means I have to be fully with the boys....



Maybe we will go visit Ah Ma again...

No comments: