Tuesday 28 August 2007

Happy Weekend

It must have been one of the best weekends for the boys despite the fact that Max was still recovering from his running nose.

On Saturday we played in the house the whole day. Micah skipped his nap because he woke up only almost 10am and so I figured it was OK for him to skip his nap and hope that he would sleep earlier that night. Mike had to go work and got back about 3pm. By then Max was up from his nap and so Mommy decided to give the boys a treat: take the train to mid-valley. We needed to get new shoes for Micah. Max has inherited many pairs of shoes from his brother and so for now that is no concern. Micah, however broke both his shoes and sandals this week, so he down to the croc-look-alike sandals which he says are "pokey" and won't wear them for long.

Down we went and back by train. The journey back was tougher. We actually let 2 trains go before cramming into the third one. The weekend is just too crazy on the Kommuter. But both boys were thrilled coz they also got a new toy each. Not Mommy's intention, and when we were going to Mid-Valley, Micah did say, "I want to see Thomas (at Toys'R'us). See only, OK? I have enough already." Well, we did not even make it to Toys'R'us. We bought his shoes at Jusco and he saw the "Thomas and the Jet Engine" and whined his way into getting his dad to get it. So, to be fair to Max, we lwt him get something too. He, of course chose a car!

On Sunday we did not go to church because Max was still having a drippy nose. Actually the week before he was ok from his cough and we went to church. There he played with some kids with running noses and they had their own 'picnic' at the back of the church, so I guess that's how he ended up with a running nose again. Sigh...

Anyway, we decided to go near noon and I suggested we go for a boat ride at The Mines. No more walking in shopping malls and tempting our kids into getting more toys or junk food even. When I found out how much it would cost for 2 adults and 1 child, I half regretted making the suggestion. I thought we had already spent enough for "entertainment"on the toys the day before. But having taken the ride, I felt it's worth it. I am glad we did it. That was our Sabbath. It was actually spiritually uplifting for me when I looked at the lake and thought of the wonders and mystery of God, like all that is so mysterious under the surface of the sea (yeah, we were just on a lake, not a sea, but still sorta same context). Micah was chatty all the time, and we pointed out different things to the boys. Max fell asleep in the middle of the boat ride. We took a simple lunch/tea and headed back. That was 5pm already.

By the way, should you want to go for this boat ride, let me say that the special feature of the ride is that there is a channel built to take us to the outer lake, which is supposedly the biggest former mining lake in Malaysia today. It's about 5 meters 'drop' from The Mines' 'river'. They have this huge water gate and you sit in the boat like an elevator while they let out/pump up the water. Quite interesting.

That evening we had a simple dinner and the day was done for the boys by 12am (which seems to be the trend these days).

4 comments:

Ann said...

I have taken that boat ride too during Christmas 1999! It's quite fun...though expensive I agree.

But glad you and your boys enjoyed it in the end!

Ann said...

Oh yeah....thankfully you did not bring them to The Curve this weekend! There was this huge setup of multiple stories railway tracks and Thomas the Train going round and round....

Thought of Micah then and wanted to buy him something! But then realised I would never be able to give it to him on time....

And all this while my husband was like "Who??"....hahaha......

Sometimes reading your blog makes me feel I know you and your boys more than I know some others even though I have only met your husband in person!

Moomykin said...

Thanks, my dear, for remembering us. So sweet of you.

Was just telling Mike that we must visit you when Jr. arrives. Still trying to get your e-mail from him. He's just so busy with work this week.

Ann said...

My email is esp2_mayn@hotmail.com

Funny sometimes how God brings people together in this big big world!