Thursday 9 October 2008

No Sleeping On the Job

When we got home today, after settling some stuff, got myself some noodles for lunch (both boys nibbled off Mommy's bowl too), we headed up to the room do a little reading.

After a while, the boys were back to playing with their cars (continue from yesterday), and I fell asleep. Now and then, they yelled for my attention to look at what they were doing. Then they turned on the computer and said they wanted to look at some Ferrari on YouTube.

By then I had had some 40 minutes of no-uninterrupted sleep.

When I sat at the computer to check my mail, Micah said,
"Mom, are you done with your nap?
Now come play LegoCity with me."


Hah! That's my 4 year old checking on me on the job.

Then Max came in with a baby rattle he found in a toy box and said,
"Mommy, this is to wake you up..."
And he danced and shook the rattle with all his might.


Well, that tells how much Mommy's present presence means to them.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Mommy, your kids really adore you, ha ha.
Last night I watch a TV show, more like a documentary re a Caucasian lady married to a Chinese.
They have 8 very young kids, 3 boys (triplets), 4 girls (two sets twins) and another girl.
Oldest one about 9, a girl...gosh, their house sure one big happy family, lots of noise and traffic....
8 young kids!!! Ha ha. Lee.

Ann said...

Awwww.....that is just great! You spend alot of your life with them and they love to spend alot of their life with you!

A mother's dream!

cre8tone said...

Haha.. ur kids really knows how to wake u up..

2xMum said...

You've great kids! At least they've behaved well and let you have some nap without any interruptions... :)

Moomykin said...

u.lee,

Aiyo, sure pengsan if I have such a brood!! I'd probably need to "run" the house with a whistle. hahaha...

------------


ann,

Oh, now is the time to anchor your relationship with your kids. They say before they start school, the parents are the center of their world. Once they start school, it's the teachers. The when they hit the teens, they will be spending all their "free" time with their friends.

Enjoy your Boy boy as much as you can.

Moomykin said...

little prince's mummy,

Welcome. Thanks for dropping by.

Yes, my boys can really wake you up, even their Daddy cannot stay asleep. They will yell, come climb on you and drag you off the bed.

But the rattle really takes the cake! :D

Moomykin said...

wonderful life,

Ah... Actually, you missed the double negetive: "no-uninterrupted".

No, actually they will always get me involved in what ever they are doing even while I am soo tired and have to sleep.

Once they did a "cook-out" while I was napping and they woke me up every now and then to "eat" what they made. Of course I played along with my eyes closed and still had to comment on how good the "food" was. Hahaha...