Tuesday 6 January 2009

Patting Max To Sleep

Max always request for Mommy to pat him and sing him to sleep.
He usually picks a song himself, but Mommy will sing others that follows, either of the same tune or the same theme.

Today he said to Gadget-daddy that he wanted him to pat him to sleep and sing him a song.
His song request: Hush Little Baby Don't Say A Word.

Usually Mommy will sing this one in her own version*, which usually ends with us all giggling, before singing 'Five Little Ducks' and other animal rhymes.

BUT

Guess what Gadget-daddy did?

He Googled it from his i-Phone in bed with Max beside him and had it played out to him.
So we all heard the actual version of Hush Little Baby for the first time.
Hahahaha...

Yes, yes... we all learn something new everyday, even a lullaby.
:)

But in the end, he still snuggled close to Mommy and lay quiet and sleep blanketed him.
Such a sweet little boy.



* Mommy's version:

Hush little baby don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird.

If that mocking bird don't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a big brass ring.

If that big brass ring don't shine,
Mama's gonna buy you a bottle of lime.

And if that bottle of lime's too sour,
Mama's gonna get you some solar power!!

---end---

8 comments:

2xMum said...

Nice bed time song!

My boy doesn't like me to pat him to sleep. He'll get more excited when I sing for him! So, I must lie down and keep quiet *sigh*

Lee said...

Hi Mommy, always get a warm feeling read about you and your kid.
I knew a lady once, she used to sing the song, "I have a little nut tree" a nursery rhyme to her daughter..before she sleeps.
Hmmm, maybe I'll bring out that story...
You keep well and have fun, Lee.

Ann said...

hahaha....i amke up that song as well!!!

And in the end I end up making new words just to get them to rhyme....hope those are not the words that he picks up first!

You know how kids are with learning what they are not supposed to learn !

siewkhim said...

Hi pek kin,
Glad to meet u here in your blog. I read your struggles and joys. Tho i am not a mommy in actual sense, i understand what u are going through in bringing up your kids. It is so awesome yet rewarding. The Lord gives wisdom and strength each day. Take care.

Moomykin said...

Wonderful Life,

I used to sing to them as babies when I rock them to sleep or just pat them, but over time it becomes an occasional thing.

With Max it's only because of him being weaned now.

Moomykin said...

Uncle Lee,

Oh, I used to sing "I have a little n nut tree" too, at one time.
:)

Looking forward to more stories from you.

Moomykin said...

Ann,

Making up songs and words for songs can be so fun for us.
:)

My sister actually came up with one with names of fruits for her girl. Excellent. I heard it once but I can't remember how it goes.

Moomykin said...

siewkhim,

Hi. Thanks for dropping by.
Will drop by your blog soon - my son rushing me for a turn on the computer.

Hope to keep in touch.