Wednesday 10 September 2008

Pampering Our Men... and Vice-versa

Was reading this post at Mumsgather the other day, and I have to say:

These are the things I do to pamper Gadget-daddy:

Greet him at the door when he gets home, unless I am engaged with the kids, or did not hear him come in.

Get him his dinner, as in, dish out the rice and make sure what Mil cooked is OK for him (he is one Malaysian who does not take chilly and is 95% carnivorous). Otherwise, I will make him a couple of fried eggs or fried rice.

Get him water after meals and whenever he requests for one.

Make him tea, pour him juice, herbal tea, etc.

Make him a late dinner/ supper even after I'm already all ready for bed.

Cover him when he's asleep in case he gets cold in the middle of the night.

Be his pedicurist.

Give him a massage - back. legs, shoulders - where it's hurting, whenever needed. Usually after a strenuous badminton or basketball game.

Make sure there's a never ending supply of soap and shampoo and hair gel in the bathroom. (Isn't it like magic that these never run out? :D)

Make sure laundry is done in time for his travels.

Pack his bag for him when he/we have to travel.

Stay up to keep him company if he has to work late - Hahaha... that's when I go visiting you blog buddies.



Pampering Mommy, Gadget-daddy will:

Give a back rub frequently, especially these days.

Give me a good back scrub in the showers.

Do chores willingly upon request: laundry (excluding ironing), changing bed sheets, feeding the boys, bathing the boys, picking up after the boys.

Let me choose what to do on a Saturday.

Watch the boys so I can have lunch with a friend.

Attend to all my fuss, whines and cries regarding glitches on the computer.

Sit up in the middle of the night to lend me a shoulder to cry on and hear my complains.

Pour water for me after meals, should he finish first.

Make the effort to get us out on a date when the boys are taking their nap on a Saturday.


***************

I'm sure there are more to list down, but, Oh... need to hit the hay. Actually promised Gadget-daddy I'd sleep early... Opps.
Sorry, Honey.

Anyone interested to put up your list? :)

8 comments:

Mommy-yeoh said...

He he...come to think of it, I think Daddy Yeoh pampered me more. Interesting. Think I will put up a list but after I do you tag :) Ha ha

Mumsgather said...

Thats sweet. Its nice to put it down in writing like that isn't it?

Moomykin said...

mummy-yeoh,

Ok. Will be looking out for your list. :)

Moomykin said...

mumsgather,


I agree. The more often we remember the good things we do, the less we easily become unhappy or ungrateful. Have a good day. :)

Ann said...

Awwww....you rub my back, I rub yours. You keep me hydrated, I keep you hydrated! You listen, I cry. You sit by me while I work. It's good to be still so much in love and come to think of it....good that you are as much a night owl as he is!

Moomykin said...

ann,

It's just good to be married to one you enjoy being with.

But as much as we like to, we don't always stay up together. Sometimes either one of us will fall asleep before the other: he being tired from work, while I still blogging or me asleep and he still sorting his work.

Mummy Cantik said...

Kin,
congratulations..
u preggie lagi! Dah lama sangat i x jenguk blog u. I'm happy 4 u..
I dah ada blog baru, later i invite u k.

Do take care dear...

Moomykin said...

mummycantik,

Thanks.

Looking forward to visiting you soon. :)