Tuesday 23 September 2008

Ready, Set, Sleep.

6 pm and both the boys are asleep!!!

I had tried to coax them to nap from the time we got back about 1.30 pm. But they played, then said they were hungry and ate noodles, then played some more.

By 4.30 pm, I decided that it'll be good to keep them up till maybe 8pm and have them knocked out. So we went to play downstairs. Unfortunately Micah was already feeling the tiredness in his head, so he was whiny and did not play well with his brother. He asked for milk in his bottle. A sign of "I am going to sleep now" definitely.
He fell asleep at 5.30pm.

Then I saw Max yawn. He too became whiny. Moaned about wanting to watch Cars on Youtube, but the moment we got to the room, he crashed onto the bed and asked for "nan-nan". He was asleep within the minute.

Now I wonder what time are they going to wake up, what till will they sleep tonight and how am I going to get them up tomorrow for school.
Arrrgh!

These are the days their clocks are just a chaos.

11 comments:

hissychick said...

I have everything crossed that they actually sleep all the way through for you.

What is it with the kids and their wierd body clocks? A has started keeping the hours of a teenager and E slept in until 10 am this morning after a rough night. I could get very used to kids that wake up at 8 am instead of 6 am...

Banshee Creative said...

ahhh those days were familiar.. I miss em..

bunch of monkeys.

Banshee Creative said...

hissychick, man, my boys have been the same this last week. j1 is steadfastly looking dissapated, bags under his eyes. he's been causing a ruckus each bedtime, therefore disturbing his brothers. so I've taken him out and chucked him into another room. but he sneaks back in. He's such a future lawyer that one.

the boys have been tired, grumpy etc cos they haven';t slept. Can't get em to nap in pm either. UGHRHRHR..

mil0chel said...

my timing is from 2-3am til 9-10am..

phooohh...

study breaks are stressful..

Moomykin said...

hissychick,

Oh, Thanks so so much.

They actually slept through the night - from 12 am!

I had to scold and "force" them to sleep or they would probably want to play till 2am! But at least they did sleep soundly.

This Morning Max actually woke up first and then Micah, and we were actually not late for school.

Phew!

Moomykin said...

lia,

I don't know why it's just so hard to get them to sleep... and those times we hope they'll stay up they just snooze on you.

sigh...

I don't know how it'll be when we move the boys out... probably end of the year. I might just end up sleeping in their room too. hahahaha...

Moomykin said...

milochel,

yeah... now is the time to burn midnight oil.

Take good care of yourself. Drink more water.

Ann said...

Hope they slept the whole night through!!!

Had those times before and on those nights, boyboy awkes up again at around 11-12 (due to a diaper change) and only wants to play!!!

Moomykin said...

ann,

Actually when they grow older, it's suppose to be better...but we still have to make sure they sleep when they need to or they'll be grumpy pots and fall sick easily.

Banshee Creative said...

awesome they slept thru the night!!! WOOHOOO feels just great doesnt it.. we are trying some diffr arrangements, see if it helps. Its the eldest lah.. he tends to egg em on. they are starting to look tired :( I got so fed up, I packed em into bed by 630pm so when they finished being annoying, they were sleeping by 7:30pm (which is their usual bedtime hehee).

I like having the room to myself. :) let em decorate their room etc, they will enjoy that :)

Moomykin said...

lia,

There's always one that is keeping the buzz on, eh?

Anyway, yes, it's actually quite good to let them have their own space too. :)