Sunday 2 March 2008

First Signs

The first signs of all my pregnancies is the craving for a certain food.

Micah was for BBQ pork ham with bread. It was the middle of the night when I desperately wanted "lawng-yoke" with bread, and whined to Mike. We were both taken aback by my yearning and realised it was not normal, so he said I better check. Sure enough, I was pregnant.

With Max, I can't recall at the moment what was the one thing that set us putting me through the test, but I know I wanted a lot of roti chanai and nasi lemak. Somewhere in my second trimester I wanted jelly.

The thing that made me take the test this time round was wanting curry chicken nasi kandar, and I was thinking of the one in Batu Road, one of my late Dad's favourites. I went out to get rice and curry chicken the next day from a restaurant nearby and was only 90% satisfied..
Still dreaming of that certain nasi kandar with its curry chicken...

Oh, now I'm drooling again...


More previous pregnancies stories to come...

6 comments:

A gift from God said...

I always wonder what it is like to really crave for something during pregnancy.... hehehe.... Susah or not? Maybe if I had another one... I might experience that... :(
One thing I miss about being pregnant is eating without feeling guilty! So happy for you. :)

Moomykin said...

Thanks. :)

You mean you didn't have any cravings? Interesting...

Actually I denied myself a lot during my first 2 pregnancies, especially late night cravings because hubby too tired to go out to buy me what I wanted. So just go to sleep.

My mom's theory is that unsatisfied cravings leads to drooly babies. (Check out my post on "Chinese Droology, 16 Jan 2007".)

So this time I'm thinking I shall try to get all that I crave for - in moderation - and see if it works. ;) Good excuse to satisfy my taste buds. *grin*

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

I had to delete off both my comments because SILLY ME didn't see your previous postings !!

Ahhh....I am SOOOO EXTREMELY HAPPY for you! Keep us updated on your moods and feelings and etc.

Sigh....March is cetainly turning out to be much better!

And this time round I can come see you in hospital and my son will be 1 by then!

Oh what joy!

Moomykin said...

ann,

Thanks. :)

Will keep you posted.