Saturday, 22 March 2008

Repressed or Self Control

I just got up from the kitchen having done the dishes. But I was so mad I wanted to smash a few of them on the floor just to make a statement... or just to release some of my anger.

This is the down side of living with extended family that's not yours.

Micah broke a small cup and a certain other adult in the house started cursing and saying things like "How can anyone be so stupid to give a kid glass."

First, I felt breaking a cup was not that serious a matter.
Second, it was a calculated cost.
Third there are lessons to be learned:
1. appreciate and enjoy fragile things;
2. not everything broken can be fixed.

Many times I don't react rashly, or as I feel I want to because I know I will regret later and will have to do damage control/ make amends, which would be harder.

Right now I am just bubbling down...the kids are already over the whole thing and playing happily without a care.

Anger...on the Holy Weekend...

Phfffff..........

5 comments:

neomesuff said...

oh dear Kin..those statement can really test our patience...
i knw u will remain calm...relax ya babe ;-)

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

Neome,

Thanks. "Geram" and then will let it go. Otherwise It'll be too unbearable.

My boys always manage to cheer me up though. So I'm usually ok. :)

A gift from God said...

Relax yeah... I know it must be tough living with in-laws sometimes orrrr all the time? hahaha... laugh it all out... and you will be ok...

Ann said...

hahaha.....living with in laws is NEVER easy.

And I agree, it is easier to quell our anger than to make amends later!

Thank God for kids ya!

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

a gift from god,

There are many things that I appreciate about my in-laws, but there are also things that can drive me crazy. It's pretty much like ice-skating. Some parts are safe and you can do a dance, some parts are really like walking on thin ice - you hold your breath. :)


-------------

ann,

Yes, thank God for the kids.

I am always cheered up by my boys. They also teach me to let go of bad incidences and embrace the good qualities found in others.