Saturday 22 March 2008

Repressed or Self Control

I just got up from the kitchen having done the dishes. But I was so mad I wanted to smash a few of them on the floor just to make a statement... or just to release some of my anger.

This is the down side of living with extended family that's not yours.

Micah broke a small cup and a certain other adult in the house started cursing and saying things like "How can anyone be so stupid to give a kid glass."

First, I felt breaking a cup was not that serious a matter.
Second, it was a calculated cost.
Third there are lessons to be learned:
1. appreciate and enjoy fragile things;
2. not everything broken can be fixed.

Many times I don't react rashly, or as I feel I want to because I know I will regret later and will have to do damage control/ make amends, which would be harder.

Right now I am just bubbling down...the kids are already over the whole thing and playing happily without a care.

Anger...on the Holy Weekend...

Phfffff..........

5 comments:

neomesuff said...

oh dear Kin..those statement can really test our patience...
i knw u will remain calm...relax ya babe ;-)

Moomykin said...

Neome,

Thanks. "Geram" and then will let it go. Otherwise It'll be too unbearable.

My boys always manage to cheer me up though. So I'm usually ok. :)

A gift from God said...

Relax yeah... I know it must be tough living with in-laws sometimes orrrr all the time? hahaha... laugh it all out... and you will be ok...

Ann said...

hahaha.....living with in laws is NEVER easy.

And I agree, it is easier to quell our anger than to make amends later!

Thank God for kids ya!

Moomykin said...

a gift from god,

There are many things that I appreciate about my in-laws, but there are also things that can drive me crazy. It's pretty much like ice-skating. Some parts are safe and you can do a dance, some parts are really like walking on thin ice - you hold your breath. :)


-------------

ann,

Yes, thank God for the kids.

I am always cheered up by my boys. They also teach me to let go of bad incidences and embrace the good qualities found in others.