Sunday 18 May 2008

Wedding Bells



Congratulations to Infant and her Prince Charming!

Sorry we missed your church wedding, but we made it for the dinner, and we had a pretty good time catching up with friends we have not seen for a while.

I had to take the boys back earlier coz they were getting restless and started running around the restaurant. Too much for this mummy to handle alone, so we packed up and left Gadget-daddy and his video camera, both on duty.


Interesting questions in the car on the way back from Micah:

How come they did not do the wine thingi (champaign fountain) like suk-suk (his uncle)?

Why is there a wedding? What is a wedding?


So Mummy had to explain the whole thing about
staying-together-until-you-are-very-very-old (don't want to say die as that is a potential spring of a string of other difficult questions),
and promise-to-take-care-of-each-other thingi.

Then Max started tearing the parking receipt and both boys giggled helplessly all the way home. (So amazing and magical how they find such delight in such simple things.)

Gadget-daddy got home about 40 mins later.

6 comments:

hissychick said...

A is obsessed with weddings at the moment...strange because she wouldn't remember the ones that she has been to!

Moomykin said...

hissychick,

I am starting to believe it's genetically encoded. Some where in the X chromosomes is this gene on marriage. My sisters daughter was following Micah around my mom's house one day and announced they were getting married! She is 2 and 9 months! Hahaha...

InfanT said...

Thanks so much,kin!
we're very glad to see you and the kids in the dinner. And thanks so much to Mike for helping taking the video.

Moomykin said...

Infant,

No problem. Wish we could have stayed longer. :)

Ann said...

Sigh.....looking at other people's wedding reminds me of the ups and dowsn in mine...

And attaending someone else's wedding makes me look at them and wonder how we have all grown up!

By the way...on Facebook yet? That engine has brought to me many friends I thought I will never see again. And some of their lives have made me really think back fondly of when they were just little brothers of mine....now all grown up and married....

Moomykin said...

ann,

yes, we have all grown up.

There was a person I saw in Penang last year who looks and dresses the same as he did like 10 years ago. It was at a busy eating place and I did not go up to say hello as we had the kids to handle. But I felt it so weird, Like he got stuck in some time warp or something.

And, No, I am not in facebook. Just decided not to. In fact, I have decided not to make blogging an addiction but really to enjoy at leisure. I guess all the being away made me realise I don't have to be an addict, as addictive as this could be! :)